Friday 3 September 2010

IPL Treatment at Tunbridge Wells Laser and Skin clinic

Working in high crisis settings such as an Addictions Counsellor and as a Domestic Violence Outreach worker, over the years it had taken its toll. Two grown up sons, who have been hard work but wonderful, a busy travelling husband, a more than crazy work schedule, I was often frazzled, mentally, physically and my reflection said “ worn out”, the mirror said ‘fossil face’, OK, I know that’s really ridiculous and extreme but I love drama. Last year I had appeared 15 times on This Morning programme with Philip and Fern representing women in their forties, I had been rigorously testing beauty products. Once I was covered in mud and seaweed, laying under hot studio lights and told Philip Schofield “I smell like an out of date prawn! Yukk!” Now why did he find that funny?



So my 48th birthday is looming and I have been thinking hard and long about “Me”, yes I have decided to try to care for myself for a change and I have planned to have a few facial treatments to rejuvenate the Dawn that’s hibernated. Amazingly I have decided I am going to emerge from my somewhat bettered shell but for myself.

I had become increasingly aware that the brown pigmentation marks on my forehead, had started to really bother me. Firstly they looked ageing and unsightly and you hear so much about the skin cancer, I was determined to find a treatment that was safe and worked.

Trawling the Internet, I searched excitedly for treatment and then came across the Royal Tunbridge Wells Skin and Laser Clinic. Nervously I dialled the number and made an appointment for a free consultation. Seven days later I entered the clinic, very apprehensive but as soon as I arrived two very reassuring warm smiling faces greeted me. Shown to a big comfy sofa and made offered tea or coffee was perfect after my long drive. Everyone had an air of confidence and this made me feel at ease.

During my consultation, all aspects of my treatment were explained clearly to me. Engaging well in conversation with me the doctor explained the procedure, she used the computer to show me images and I was given leaflets and an opportunity to ask questions. I was asked if it was alright to carry out a patch test before the treatment, which I thought was great and again there was no charge for the patch test. I never felt pressurised into agreeing to my treatment and was encouraged to wait if I was going on holiday.



Over the following week the patch test was fine and no problems occurred.

Several weeks later I returned to the clinic for my treatment. I had opted for IPL on the doctor’s advice. A scrupulously clean room awaited me and the doctor checked I was healthy and the patch test was OK.

Laying down looking up my IPL treatment began. It wasn’t painful, just a flicking feeling against the skin. I had to wear goggles and gel was placed on my forehead. During my care, I was treated with great respect, the doctor checking I was alright all the way through the procedure. I felt calm and the doctor talked to me about my beauty routine and how I can protect my skin from further damage.

The pigmentation was expected to go darker after the treatment and then form a scab and come away. In my mind, I thought that sounded horrible but it really wasn’t anything like it sounded. As the pigmentation darkened it seemed to come away like tiny small flecks like a minute splinter. It’s incredibly funny how we build up pictures in our minds about how something will be and then when it happens it’s completely different. I was told the pigmentation would take 7-10 days to disappear and true to the doctors word after about 8 days my forehead looked fantastic, clear and rejuvenated, it was wonderful. After 7 days I had treated myself to a peel off face mask and this helped the treated pigmentation come away. My skin looks brilliant, I am now free from those brown marks which annoyed and at times worried me so much each time I looked in the mirror.

On the Clinic’s advice I am wearing factor 50 sun cream every day now without fail. Completely satisfied 100%, I have now started to have some more facial treatments. I booked an appointment and had my red thread veins removed from my nose. The Skin and Laser Clinic’s doctors have done a great job and I took four of my friends along last week for consultations after they have seen the results of my treatments. Next I am having some filler and also a rejuvenation treatment for my face. So from ‘fossil face’ to ‘beautiful face’.

I believe it doesn’t matter what age we are, we all want to look good, my husband raises his eyebrows when I say I am having something else done but I don’t care what he thinks, he may raise his eyebrows but as it raises my self-esteem and makes me feel on top of the world.



Dawn Gregory

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving the useful information about the IPL Treatment at Tunbridge Wells Laser and Skin clinic. Really it is very useful blog for us!!

    Botox treatments tunbridge wells

    ReplyDelete